Thursday, September 22, 2011

Will my puppy's fur change color? [[pics]]?

I'd love some opinions on whether or not my puppy Ruby's fur will change color.

Due to phone issues, I lost the pics of her parents, but I'll describe 'em.

Mom (Candy): Maltese/Poodle Mix..... ALL WHITE



Dad (Dusty): Yorkshire Terrier ........classic yorkie coloring....particulary a LOT of light golden tan



Ruby %26amp; her 2 brothers were all born black, with small amounts of white. One had it on his forehead, the other, somewhere else, I don't remember. Ruby's small white spots ended up on the tips of her paws. She's starting to get white fur coming in......You can see it in the first pic.



A pic of her back:

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad246



And her moustache is starting to turn brown.

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad246



I thought this was just 'cause she was a messy eater, but then I noticed that right after a bath, she still had brown on her moustache.



She also had white fur coming in a little on her tail but.....

1- it got trimmed off recently and

2- she won't sit still long enough for a pic of her tail....you have no idea how long it took to get the pic of her back, lol......



I appreciate your opinions. Well, the non-smartass opinions. ;)Will my puppy%26039;s fur change color? [[pics]]?
Yorkshire Terriers are born black and the blue%26amp;tan color comes as they mature. So she may come out with a curly poodle coat with yorkie coloring... but she'll be two years old before you're sure.Will my puppy%26039;s fur change color? [[pics]]?
She probably won't change much. I have a small dog. Her hair is two different colors...on one piece of hair. One half is blonde and the tips are black. She's 5 and hasn't changed much in color so im guessing urs won't either.Will my puppy%26039;s fur change color? [[pics]]?
Most dogs change color as they mature. You will probably notice slight changes in her coat and fur as she grows up. When my dog was a pup he had an entirely black saddle but now he has lots of white fur running along his back.Will my puppy%26039;s fur change color? [[pics]]?
She's cute!!! She will probably get a little bit lighter, maybe some sprinkles of a whitish color throughout. It doesn't really look like she'll change color all that much though. The majority of her will stay black.Will my puppy%26039;s fur change color? [[pics]]?
If she was born this color. Most likely she will stay this color. A dark brown or black. As she gets older she may get grey around the muzzle. She's a cutie anyway.Will my puppy%26039;s fur change color? [[pics]]?
Yes there is a possibility her colouring may change. Just like humans hair, dogs hair changes colour.



She's a cutie :o)



Take good care of her! Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment