Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How to still win an auto insurance claim?

Here's what happened



Me %26amp; a Safeco insured vehicle were both pulling out of a Burgerking parking lot. I looked out my rearview mirror %26amp; saw nothing. I looked out the side mirror %26amp; back at the rearview mirror %26amp; saw a pick up truck driving towards me fast. I stopped %26amp; started honking %26amp; he kept driving %26amp; his rear drivers side bumper hit my drivers side bumper (his parking space was across %26amp; caddy corner to my parking space). He immidiately got out saying he was honking at me %26amp; it was my fault (completely untrue). I made a claim against his insurance (this was about 2 weeks ago) %26amp; I was just denied. I drive a wonderful 1993 maxima %26amp; now the trunk will not open the tail lights are messed up %26amp; if I could afford to fix the car in the first place I wouldn't be driving a 1993 car anyway.



Now that I was denied is there anything else I can do to change Safeco's mind??



The only thing that settles me at all is that bad karma will one day kick his ***.How to still win an auto insurance claim?
I am dealing with a car accident and the insurance companies right now, and I was told by an outside party that you have the right to sue the person/company that hit you if the insurance companies don't give you the result you want. Good luckHow to still win an auto insurance claim?
There are standards of fault in most states, that the claims adjusters look at, to determine fault. One of these standards is moving in reverse.



They will look at the damage to your car, and look at the damage to his car. If the damage indicates clearly that one of you was moving, and one of you was still, then the fault would have moved to the person moving in reverse. It seems that the damage does NOT indicate one of you was moving, and one of you was still. It doesn't mean you WERE moving, just that they can't prove it in court, according to the damage.



So, if the adjusters don't have evidence that one of you was not moving, thus putting the damage on the other guy, it sounds like the laws in your state put the fault at half for each of you, and each party would collect under the collision coverage of their own policy. If you don't have collision (and why would you, with a car that's 13 years old??), you are going to be out of pocket for the damage. Sorry!!How to still win an auto insurance claim?
Since the damages to your vehicle and the other person's vehicle are to the rear bumper, and their are conflicting stories as to who was moving and who was stopped, without an independent witness it will be your word against his and if the damages to the cars can't prove your story, you will lose in arbitration. I know it is not fair. but unfortunately there isn't anything that can be proven.How to still win an auto insurance claim?
Only option is small claims court against other driver. When it is on private property and there is no police report there is not a lot you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment