Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I access the recessed screw in the plastic molding panel on a 2000 Tahoe to change my taillight?

There is a screw that is recessed in a hole in the molding just behind my left tail light. I have tried every common socket known to mankind and cannot lock on to it. Did GM make a custom socket to access this fastener? The closest I come is using an extended thinwall socket, but that still binds on the wall of the plastic recess. Did GM turn down the OD of a standard socket to gain access? Tons of companies do this just to sell %26quot;special tools%26quot; in the OEM business. If you know the answer, please respond. Thanks to all in advance...TomHow do I access the recessed screw in the plastic molding panel on a 2000 Tahoe to change my taillight?
alot of lights have torx screws on them, kind of of hexagon like shape instead of the usual phillips or flat type screwHow do I access the recessed screw in the plastic molding panel on a 2000 Tahoe to change my taillight?
5/32%26quot;



they are worth a million when you need it

No comments:

Post a Comment