Thursday, September 22, 2011

Electrical short?

I noticed today that my dashboard lights were dead - along with tail lights, since they're on the same fuse. But when I went to replace it to drive home this evening, both my replacement fuses shorted out when I stuck them in. So I just drove 20 miles home riding the brakes. All my dashboard lights are dead - even the ones for changing gears, and those aren't connected to that fuse.



I had a friend replace my stereo yesterday - they might have shorted out then, I'm not sure - I know the gear lights at least were on this morning. But now I have no dashboard lights.



Any clue as to what's wrong, and how much it might cost to fix? Thanks.Electrical short?
Try taking out the stereo your friend put it. Look for any bare or exposed wires. If those wire touch other exposed wires or touch the bare metal of the car, it could cause all sorts of problems. This should fix it. Next time... don't let your friend work on a car. Bestbuy only charges like $100 for install. A lot cheaper than replacing a blown computerElectrical short?
You do know you answered the question, right? Lets see, what has changed since it worked?...Electrical short?
not to lay blam but ask ur freind to double check his work he may have pinched a wire by accident good luck and be understandingElectrical short?
if you trust him and im sure he is ok then have him pull the raido and look at the wires he has left a bear wire that is laying up on metel it should be easy to find cause he didnt have to go to deep to wire the raido its all right there good luckElectrical short?
He/she is just plain lazy and tapped into the most convenient power source, albeit the wrong one.

No comments:

Post a Comment