Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Can you help me come up with a title?

I have written this essay and now I need a title for it. Some help would be appreciated... Thanks so much :D



In the deep, clear sea of their eyes, one can see intelligence and deep wisdom. When you look into an animal’s eyes, you can see many things especially understanding and unconditional love. It doesn’t matter if you make mistakes or say the wrong thing. Through it all they are always there. But you ask, how am I so sure of this? I have one of my own animals that I share that deep understanding and love.

Even though it happened many years ago, I can still feel the pain. I had just lost a beloved friend, my first cat Nala. She was as soft as down, everyone’s friend and made the mice tremble with fear. One morning however, she wasn’t up to chasing the catnip ball. The bright yellow sphere just seemed to float across the floor uninhibited. She just wanted to rest and lie in her fluffy little bed. When I had gotten back from elementary school, I knew that something was wrong. Mom told me in the best way that she could to a six year old, that my old time friend was very sick. A few years later I found out that Nala had had a hemorrhagic stroke which is bleeding within the brain. This damages the brain tissue and in pets especially, nothing could be done to save her. I can still remember whispering the final goodbye and hearing her faint purr as if to say everything is okay. That night after losing her was one of the worst that I can remember. In fact the days and weeks after losing her were some of the worst. No longer did I see her every morning beside my pillow, or did I see her dash past me down the stairs. I was officially heartbroken. Then mom brought home something that helped my out of my horrid sorrows.

I can remember working on spelling homework when a little tap on my bare foot startled me. I saw the overhanging cover move slightly and I peered down, but saw nothing. I continued to work and it happened again. Finally curious and sure of what I had felt, I peered underneath the bed and I saw a pair of little green eyes. I wiggled my pen in front of the space and waited. A few seconds passed and out popped a little fuzzy kitten. She was gorgeous with her long, light calico fur of tan, white and gray. She was what was called a dilute calico. I scooped her up in my arms and she instantly started to purr. Her eyes were a light green and with the change of light appeared yellow for a few seconds. I hurried down the stairs to show mom and dad what I had “found”. Mom told me that she had came in down at the animal shelter that she ran and the kitten was very shy. She had hoped that maybe some time to get used to different people would help her break out of her shyness and be adoptable. I decided to name her Molly.

As the days passed on to weeks, it became clear that Molly was becoming part of the family. Mom finally said I could keep her and Molly and I were slowly breaking from our shells. Molly was becoming more outgoing and mischievous, while I was becoming more talkative and happier. It was Molly that helped me out of the torrent waves of sadness. As the weeks passed on into months and then into years, we had forged an unseen bond, and became virtually inseparable. Before we knew it, it had already been eleven short years. She has helped me with lots of things, through hardships and once in a lifetime moments alike.

Molly was there for everything and she always seemed to know when something was wrong. She was ever present for me to confide in and to just hold when I needed it. One hardship was the loss of my grandmother. My grandmother was diagnosed with leukemia and in a very short amount of time she passed away. Every time dad and I got home from visiting her at the hospital, Molly knew that we were both upset. She would immediately jump from her spot on the porch railing and sit in the middle of the steps with her tail wrapped around her small paws. When Dad passed her on the steps she would meow and try and get him to pet her, she wanted him so badly to stop and just relax. She thought that this would help comfort him. He would just walk past and give her a light pat on the head. She would make me stop and when I pet her it instantly helped me feel better. It had a calming effect and I knew that she knew this as well. She had also helped me deal with another loss.

When I had lost Paddie, my other barn cat, she was there. When I didn’t see Paddie there for breakfast as usual (something he definitely didn’t miss) I became very worried. After the first full day of not seeing the little white Manx anywhere, it had become apparent that something had happened. It was when I was leaving for work and I was hurriedly feeding Molly, that I paused. Molly had a sad twinge to her eyes and then I knew. It was dad that had found him. When he came to pick me up from work he told me that he had found Paddie and that it wasn’t good. Molly was at the end of the steps waiting and she let me hCan you help me come up with a title?
People %26amp; Their Pets Have a Strong BondCan you help me come up with a title?
eyes in your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment